- Job Description:
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 4,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $20 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
- Overseeing all accounting aspects including managing the monthly close in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversight and full responsibility for the quality of all Balance Sheet monthly reconciliations prepared by the Accounting Team.
- Participate in financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Establish a training regimen and coach staff.
- Preparation of monthly GAAP financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Interpret financial directives from upper management and establish procedures for carrying out directives.
- Provide support for external audit.
- Review financial results at account detail level
- Collaborate with Financial Planning & Analysis team on financial variance analysis
- Partner with Controller in developing internal control framework and accounting work flow
- CPA designation mandatory.
- Accounting degree mandatory.
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Possess strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build a strong Accounting Team
- Attention to detail, data driven and hands-on
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to excel in an advanced technology environment.