About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 4,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $20 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
- Overseeing all accounting aspects including managing the monthly close in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversight and full responsibility for the quality of all Balance Sheet monthly reconciliations prepared by the Accounting Team.
- Participate in financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Establish a training regimen and coach staff.
- Preparation of monthly GAAP financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Interpret financial directives from upper management and establish procedures for carrying out directives.
- Provide support for external audit.
- Review financial results at account detail level.
- Collaborate with Financial Planning & Analysis team on financial variance analysis.
- Partner with Controller in developing internal control framework and accounting work flow.
- CPA designation mandatory.
- Accounting degree mandatory.
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Possess strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build a strong Accounting Team
- Attention to detail, data driven and hands-on
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to excel in an advanced technology environment.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.