Accounting Manager at Evolve Security
Evolve Security is looking to add a highly-motivated Accounting Manager to join our team and build the accounting function from the ground up.
As the first full-time member of our accounting and finance team, you will lead all accounting operations including general ledger, payables, receivables, revenue recognition, and payroll. Additionally, you’ll manage the financial reporting, budgeting and planning for the organization and will be responsible for managing the company’s financials and supporting executive decision making.
Our ideal candidate is not just focused on crunching numbers, but is also someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter with an interest working in an environment where their contribution makes a direct impact on the growth of the company. They have a strong aptitude for understanding the big picture while operating in the weeds.
This role provides an opportunity to fast track your growth and development in a team-centered organization with aggressive business goals.
What will you be doing?
- Lead all accounting operations, including general ledger, payables, receivables, revenue recognition, and payroll
- Coordinate and direct the financial close process including full-cycle monthly and year-end accounting
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for internal and external audiences
- Provide support to leadership, and functional area leaders on a broad range of accounting, financial, internal control and compliance issues
- Maintain cash flow forecast and regular analysis of cash requirements
- Oversee stock option and capitalization administration
- Manage external vendors, including audit, tax and valuation efforts
- Manage annual budgeting process, maintain rolling forecast, and report variances
- Oversee finance-related HR functions including employee onboarding and offboarding, expense policies, benefits administration, and 401K administration
- Lead technical accounting matters, including revenue recognition
- Comply with federal, state, and local governments’ legal and reporting requirements and filings
Preferred Experience & Ambition:
- 3-5 years relevant financial experience
- Strong technical accounting skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and communication skills; ability to speak to leadership, partners, and customers
- High level of comfort working in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style - self-starter, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions
- CPA certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Why join us?
- Progressive startup culture in a high growth organization, with minimal bureaucracy.
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401k Match
- Evolve Security Academy training
- Flexible work and vacation schedule
- One paid flight per year for personal travel