The future of work is flexible and so is OneSpan. Our teams have proven that they are able to achieve their goals together while being apart throughout the global pandemic and we are embracing work flexibility. Whenever possible, you can choose when you wish to come into the office and when you wish to work from home and get to enjoy the benefits of both worlds.
ONESPAN is looking for an "Accounting and Payroll Specialist" to join its Accounting Team.
The "Accounting and Payroll Specialist" is part of the Americas and APAC accounting group and will focus on the payroll processing and administrative duties as well as accounts payables. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll, administrative payroll duties, review of employee expense reports as well as supplier invoices and other ad hoc tasks. The role will contribute to a timely and accurate month-end close process by completing daily reviews in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies. The "Accounting and Payroll Specialist" will perform various accounting functions in support of established internal controls for the segregation of duties within the accounting team.
- Review of employee expense reports in Concur to ensure compliance with company policy, proper accounting classification and support.
- Review of supplier invoices in Workday to ensure appropriate general ledger account and cost center tagged as well as appropriate codification as either a prepaid or fixed asset where applicable.
- Prepares employee reimbursements for processing.
- Book journal entries to record monthly accruals for expense reports not processed.
- Assist in other day to day accounting responsibilities including booking journal entries and preparing monthly account reconciliations.
- Responsible for preparation and (in some jurisdictions) processing of monthly payroll for Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Australia, Japan and India
- Support and backup processing of payroll for other countries (UK and USA)
- Work directly with service providers to ensure payrolls are processed on time
- Proactively work with payroll service providers and state/country tax jurisdictions in order to ensure all federal and local tax profiles are accurate and updated for current regulations, ensure updates are done timely and accurately when needed and in time for applicable payroll process.
- Responsible for data entry into payroll application (including new hire set up, status changes, approved bonus and commission payments, PTO taken amounts, benefit deduction changes, address changes, direct deposit changes, tax changes, retroactive payments, severance payments, PTO payout, LTIP payout etc.).
- Tabulate and report yearly employee earnings; monthly payslips and social contributions, pensions and other various items applicable based on local regulations.
- Complete registrations for SIT and SUI US Payroll taxes for jurisdictions not previously on payroll.
- Administrative support for various payrolls (filing, payments, communications with authorities, etc.)
- Closeout jurisdictions with zero wage reporting prior to quarter close.
- Submit final payroll preview to Finance and HR for review.
- Coordinate with other internal compensation / commission system administrators for overall corporate processes.
- Attend training pertaining to system changes, compliance and regulatory changes.
- Maintain employee Payroll files.
- Minimum three years of payroll experience; experience with ADP payroll process preferred (ADP Streamline & ADP WorkForce Now)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Degree in Accounting, with 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic, and positive mindset
- Ability to work in a global context, with business users in different locations worldwide
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. . We believe that hiring the best talent, will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans. For more information please visit our Privacy Center
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends, which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed. We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. We also believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans, for more information please visit our Talent Acquisition Privacy Center