Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
A manager career opportunity in the Corporate Controller’s Group of a large, dynamic international organization. Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe.
The Corporate Controller’s Group is responsible for establishing the Company’s accounting policies and leading the coordination of all accounting functions, including the consolidation of financial results and preparation and issuance of the Form 10-Q, Form 10-K and other filings with the SEC. The manager is a key member of the Corporate Controller’s Group and will have responsibilities for certain key accounting areas, consolidation and SEC reporting activities, as well as ownership of certain complex technical accounting areas.
- Key leader on certain complex technical accounting areas, including revenue and others
- Work closely with the Controller, Assistant Controllers and the shared services and corporate accounting teams to ensure revenue recognition policies, processes and controls are in sync with ongoing changes as a result of the Company’s transformation strategy, rapidly shifting IPO and M&A environments and regulatory changes
- Manage the financial policy database and assist in developing, implementing, revising and updating the Company’s accounting policies
- Provide analysis and insight for other assignments and ad hoc projects as needed, including special projects, impairment analysis, and other requests from senior management
- Research accounting guidance associated with complex transactions and technical accounting issues and document conclusions
- Responsible for overseeing certain corporate accounting areas such as debt, pension or deferred compensation and ensuring that transactions associated with these areas are recorded completely and accurately
- Assist in developing and enhancing various Corporate control activities and processes
- Assist in the review of information included in Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and other SEC filings, including reviewing supporting documentation, XBRL tagging and disclosure requirements
- Work closely with business units finance staff, internal audit, corporate finance departments (Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations, FPA, etc.), regional accounting departments, external auditors, and other key members of the Corporate Controller’s group
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 6-7 years of relevant work experience at a public accounting firm (Big 4 firm experience preferred)
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with ASC 606 is required
- CPA required
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills, experience with preparing and reviewing accounting research and accounting memorandums
- Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal, analytical and time management skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to see the “big picture” and lead a project (with senior management oversight) by developing a project plan, collaborating with relevant stakeholders and performing activities necessary for successful completion of a project
- Proficiency in MS Office products – intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new software and systems instrumental to accounting, consolidation and financial reporting (ActiveDisclosure, BPC, SAP, etc.)
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent