Accounts Payable (AP) Manager
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager will play a critical role in the growth of our Accounting department by owning the full cycle of AP, ensuring accurate and timely recording of expenses and payments to vendors. The AP Manager also performs financial activity related to the month end close.
The perfect candidate looks a little like this: you possess the strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges. You are a people person capable of navigating and managing vendor relationships, as well as managing staff of up to five accountants. Most importantly, you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced start-up culture such as GTI.
- Maintain inter-company ledgers and ensures inter-company payables/receivables are in balance
- Maintain vendor master database
- Maintain vendor relationships, answering any vendor inquires as needed
- Lead a team of up to 5 and coach for optimal performance
- Routinely review liquidity by entity and determine timing of vendor payments accordingly
- Prepare supporting documentation and process payments
- Document standard operating procedures at corporate and operating entities, including month-beginning and month-end checklists
- Review payables for completeness and accuracy
- Communicate with vendors with respect to status of payables, overdue balances, etc.
- Review employee expense reports and follow up on exceptions to company policy
- Support external audit process, where required
- Supervise annual 1099 preparation process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of experience working in an accounting role - manufacturing or distribution related business preferred
- 2 years of experience managing staff
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- CPA certification is a plus and will be viewed positively but is not a prerequisite for employment
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Advanced skills as it relates to MS Office, accounting software, and databases - Experience with Intacct a plus
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description