Accounts Payable Clerk at Echo Global Logistics
As part of the Accounts Payable department, you will be responsible for ensuring that Echo’s carrier’s and partners are provided with the world class customer service we are known for. Major responsibilities of this position include, handling outbound and inbound calls, working with vendors to obtain information and documents, data entry, problem-solving and building relationships with internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will take initiative to continuously improve the performance and efficiency of themselves and the department.
Every task should focus on building valuable partnerships with customers, carriers and peers through proactive communication. Customer Service Representatives are expected to demonstrate carrier advocacy by offering solutions, solving problems and managing complaints.
- Handles an average of 100+ inbound/outbound calls daily from carriers with a friendly, can-do attitude in an automated call distribution environment
- Contact partner carriers for time sensitive information and properly update Echo’s internal system
- Monitor the team email /voicemail queue during an assigned shift and fulfill requests promptly, utilizing excellent professional communication skills
- Communicate issues proactively to the Accounts Payable Supervisor to ensure problems are resolved quickly
- Add value to the department by maintaining a strong work ethic, positive attitude and commitment to delivering world class customer service
- Team player attitude, both within the department as well as partnering with Echo employees across the organization
- Strong multitasking skills
- An eagerness to expand knowledge of Echo and the transportation industry
- Receptive to new ideas and opportunities
- Comfortable working with new technology software, competent in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet navigation
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Fun and energetic work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.