Who we are:
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology.
If you want to make the world a better place, it turns out parking spaces are a fantastic place to start. Why did you miss that critical appointment? Parking. Why were you stressed and sweating on that first date? Parking.
If there were a way to make people impervious to parking problems, that would solve more than just a question about where to leave one’s car. That would help people be fully present in their lives. That would make a difference! And that’s what SpotHero does. SpotHero isn’t just in the parking space business, we’re also in the business of creating space for life.
So if you’re looking for a job where there’s space for you—the whole you—and where you get to use all your skills to build something new, exciting, fast-growing, and truly world-changing, then great, come to SpotHero!
What is an AP Specialist @ SpotHero?
SpotHero is seeking an AP Specialist to support the accounting team + make a huge impact! The Accounts Payable Specialist will manage the Accounts Payable function including accurate and timely coding of invoices, validation of appropriate approvals, vendor management, and supporting month end close processes.
What you will get to do
- Manage the entire Accounts Payable function including accurate and timely coding of invoices, payment processing, and vendor correspondence
- Own the credit card process including issuing and canceling cards, paying bills, reviewing, and reconciliation
- Oversee employee expense report coding, review, and payments
- Assist with monthly reports, accruals, and monthly closings
- Provide support for annual financial audit
Who you are:
- You are Organized - You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- You are Diligent - You are extremely detail oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- You are Dynamic - You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- You are a Team player - You are a collaborator and passionate about supporting a high performing team.
What you bring
- 2 -3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- NetSuite and Concur experience a plus
Don’t check all of the boxes? Please still apply! We'd love to meet you and hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we’re offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a leading e-commerce company with the opportunity to grow into any of several roles within the company.
- Flexible PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.