Accounts Payable Specialist
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
Over the past couple years, the buzz around our platform has been growing, and we are continuously working to position ourselves as an innovator in the marketing automation space. Due to continued growth ActiveCampaign is looking to bring on an AP Specialist to join the team.
What your day could consist of:
- Ensure accurate data entry, coding and allocation of all supplier and subcontractor invoices
- Generate and distribute all payments via paper checks, credit cards and electronic transactions (ACH and Wire Transfer) and maintains detailed records of all outgoing payments
- Control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Obtain and verify current Certificates of Insurance, Forms W-9, as well as additional client requirements where requested
- Account reconciliation, reporting and month end close
- Coordinate coding & approval and entering of all credit card statements monthly and reconciliation
- Ensure sales/use tax compliance
- Serve as subject matter expert for procurement to pay process
- Assist with development and implementation of accounting procedures
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or minimum of 3 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including proficient use of Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description