Advanced Payroll Service Specialist I at SurePayroll
Under direct supervision of the Payroll Tax Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing effective day-to-day execution of payroll tax processes and activities for our clients and internal business partners. Solid overall payroll tax processing knowledge, performs and prepares tax activities as assigned, validates audit results. Maintains good internal and external customer relationships by handling questions and concerns with accuracy, urgency and professionalism. Performs data entry and demonstrates strong problem solving skills to troubleshoot customer problems.
- Pay and file tax returns, amendments and adjustments timely and accurately in accordance with agency, region and client requirements. Solve client problems; taking a broad perspective to identify solutions to create a positive customer experience.
- Perform all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax support services, including audits and reporting to ensure all customers' needs are met timely.
- Perform comprehensive research to identify source of client issues. Handle escalations as assigned timely and accurately.
- Works proactively to maintain current knowledge of all tax regulatory changes and tax trends within the industry and at the state, local levels to mitigate penalties to the business and client.
- Perform data entry as required to ensure quality assurance is presented every time and maintain case management as required accurately.
- Identify and bring forward opportunities for process improvements to more efficiently execute the overall payroll tax process and understand impact to mitigate risks.
- Maintain individual performance to established service level agreements, goals, objectives and key performance indicators in accordance to industry standards.
- Escalate and communicate high-level processing issues to management and the appropriate operational groups to ensure timely follow-up to enhance the overall processes.
Req Number CUS-19-01974
- H.S. Diploma - Required
- Certified Payroll Professional Certification (CPP) desired or Related field.
- 1 year of experience in Payroll/Tax.