NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world-class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors, whether they’re saving for retirement in a 401(k) or IRA or investing in a taxable brokerage account. Our open-architecture digital advice solution provides better outcomes for our partners and individual investors by offering integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and customizable advice methodology and fiduciary roles.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
JOIN OUR TEAM
NextCapital is seeking an Advice and Investment Analyst to join NextCapital Advisers’ Advice Finance team. The Advice Finance team is responsible for NextCapital Advisers’ proprietary advice and investment methodology, and plays an instrumental role in working with Partner institutions in developing and maintaining advice solutions even when NextCapital Advisers is not playing a fiduciary role. The Advice Finance team is made up of both quantitative and qualitative experts with experience in a variety of financial disciplines, working together to facilitate the delivery of personalized planning and managed account solutions across ‘workplace’ and ‘retail’ management opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Add value by serving as a primary point of contact, both internally and externally, on NextCapital Advisers’ methodology. You will:
- Be in charge of responding, or coordinating responses, to external-facing requests for information, including structured due diligence requests (RFPs, proposals) as well as ad hoc questions from existing Partners.
- Curate and enhance internal reference materials (FAQ repositories, etc).
- Develop and maintain advice training programs for varied audiences (advisors, investors, sales people) working in close conjunction with NextCapital marketing and documentation teams.
- Work closely as a liaison between NextCapital Advisers’ research and NextCapital Group’s marketing department, helping to demonstrate the value of NextCapital’s advice and digital solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support business growth by overseeing and managing new Partner methodology due diligence and configuration of advice solutions on NextCapital’s platform. This involves managing large-scale projects and communicating with external and internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Maintain the high-quality solutions by managing NextCapital Advisers’ ongoing methodology maintenance and enhancements.
- Work with team members to maintain existing methodology, including updating key configuration data and monitoring existing solutions, as defined by existing policies and procedures.
- Work closely with existing team members to enhance existing, or develop new, methodology and corresponding operating procedures as business need requires.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise by authoring varied forms of internal and external documentation, including methodology white papers, reports, and slide presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Serve as a primary content provider to NextCapital’s internal Investment Committee, as well as external partner oversight committees.
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative research to support appropriate investment selection for a wide range of asset allocation models.
- Assist with maintenance of the investment research agenda, participate in research projects, and communicate the results.
OUR TOOL KIT
We believe in using the best tool for the job, and also relying on the strengths of our team. Here are the key technologies that we use everyday:
- Google Drive
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have at least 3-5 years + of directly relevant work experience in the retirement planning industry, financial markets, or equivalent areas.
- You have directly applicable communication experience, such as authoring reports or white papers for publication, presenting professional materials at industry conferences, etc.
- You have a comprehensive and thorough understanding of financial markets with a detailed knowledge of security analysis and portfolio analytics.
- Plus: You have previous experience with creating and maintaining database and investment procedures, including corresponding documentation.
- Plus: You have previous retirement financial planning experience
- Plus: You have programming experience, or ability to interact with programmers working in analytic languages (Matlab, R, Python, etc.) and work with databases.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or relevant work experience as mentioned above.
- You’re a strong candidate if you are on track for industry certifications, such as CFA, SOA, CFP, CPA, FRM, CRPC, CIPM etc. Passage of CFA level I (or progress on other relevant certification) preferred.
- A master’s degree in finance/financial engineering, (financial) economics, physical sciences, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent experience, is a plus.
- You have outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and quantitative skills.
- You have the ability to work with numbers and data sets and have at least a basic understanding of statistical analysis.
- You are highly self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- You have sharp analytical abilities, which allows you to identify and proactively solve problems.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and are able to pivot efficiently when priorities change.
WHERE THIS ROLE MAY LEAD YOU
- Senior level analyst roles within NextCapital Advisers.
- Participation / seats on various internal committees.
- Opportunity to cross-train on areas of interest, including programming / data analysis, and contribute to the team’s research agenda and potential publications.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people.
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage.
- Enjoy a stimulating work environment surrounded by top quality researchers and engineers that enjoy working with each other towards a common goal.
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future.
- When the COVID-19 pandemic cools down, participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- When our pandemic ‘remoteness’ ends, enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan
- And, yes, when we’re able to safely re-convene in a physical space, sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Relax with monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions