Responsible for acting as the primary commodity pricing and cost modelling partner for Retail Products across the National Brand and Owned Brand portfolio. Contributes to cost management strategies across the business; collaborates with Category and Sourcing Managers, Supply Chain, Private Brands, external Suppliers and forecasting functions to develop historical, passionate and future-looking commodity cost trend analysis; standard cost models including “should cost” analysis; centers on supporting negotiation strategies that mitigate price increase pressures from National Brands and Owned Brand vendors; supports pro-active price decrease initiatives where commodity price trends reveal price reduction opportunities.
• Supports Category and Sourcing Manager clients by collating multiple commodity data feeds and creating actionable business insights through rigorous trend analysis. Briefs and supports deployment of cost trend analysis to Category and Sourcing teams. Works with Sourcing Managers and vendors in order to build standard cost models for key products and leverages commodity trend analysis to provide dynamic outputs that can be leveraged in vendor cost negotiations.
• Develops prioritized cost reduction recommendations that contribute to improved category margin Performance.
• Manages deep dive analysis of key commodities to address strategic business questions such as implications of currency exchange, commodity pricing, labor rates, etc.
• Collaborates locally and globally across Global Sourcing & Supply in order to leverage knowledge of product cost structures, supply market economics, value chain structures, supplier and category expertise in order to provide commercial insights, accelerate opportunity identification and strengthen negotiation strategies.
• Coaches and develops peers and others (at all levels) on data gathering and critical thinking techniques.
• Collaborates closely with relevant functions (e.g. Insights, Finance) to access critical data, ensure aligned reporting definitions and drive operational performance against plan. Identifies key factors that drive cost price pressures and advise on where take corrective action.
• Leads complex analyses on behalf of cross-functional teams including challenging the thinking and points of view of team members when the data does not support the arguments being made. Will be expected to present analysis finding and recommendations to senior leaders.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, statistics, mathematics, business management, quantitative analysis or economics and at least 1 years’ experience in the WAG MARP program or internally at WAG OR Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing/sales, statistics, mathematics, business management, quantitative analysis or economics and at least 1 years’ experience in Sales, Finance, Marketing, Insights & Analytics or Category Management with focus on analyzing financial, customer, and/or assortment data, OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years’ experience in Sales, Finance, Marketing Insights & Analytics
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 1 years of experience translating complex data sets, analyzing commercial information and evaluating results to solve problems and make recommendations to management.
- Well developed written and verbal communications skills combined with a high degree of business acumen that has resulted in executable recommendations generating tangible business benefits.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table) and other analytical tools and database applications (e.g. Business Objects).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Analytical experience in commodities, category management, retail, buying and/or other category/marketing- related functions.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: modifying default field properties, creating a sub form, adding a control button, modifying query criteria and query totals, using conditional formatting and/or viewing data relationships).
- Advanced level skill in reporting and executive level communication platforms.