AP Coordinator at Elevate K-12
Who we are
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. We bring live high-quality teaching through our platform to schools in zip codes that cannot find a high-quality teacher. Our few main focuses are to give students the highest quality instruction and access to classes they couldn’t have before, getting them ready for the world of the future; and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities from home irrespective of their zip code. We are the new way to the classroom!
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO & 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Strong High-Performance Based Culture with High Growth Potential
- Team Focused Culture – Team Events, Outings, Happy Hours & Recognition
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental & Vision / 401k Plan
- Our Team of Elevaters are: Problem Solvers, Passionate, Motivated, Thirsty for Knowledge & Mission Driven
What you will be doing
We are currently looking for an AP Coordinator who can be a part of our finance team with proven experience and knowledge in accounting and bookkeeping. The successful candidate will be responsible for applying principles of accounting to record, reconcile, analyze and monitor financial information and other projects as needed. This person should be comfortable with working in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment and show great initiative and ownership for taking on new roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure vendor invoices and credits are entered in a timely manner.
- Review AP entries to ensure proper GL accounts are impacted.
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate.
- Responsible for vendor set up process vendor master file, collecting W-9 forms, exemption certificates and ensuring vendor is set up on payment platform.
- Review Open A/P to determine what should be paid on the weekly Friday check run.
- Ensuring all vendor invoices have proper approvals.
- Distribute invoices through bill.com for departmental approval and check/validate account coding.
- Manage AP mailbox and respond to field and vendors as requested, including processing all attached vendor invoices.
- Review and generate employee expense reimbursements from Expensify.
- Analyze vendor files and prepare 1099’s for review and annual submission.
- Reconcile monthly corporate card accounts.
- Assist the managers with questions about invoices and payment.
- Assist in preparation for annual audit.
- Prepare A/P forecasting reports to ensure cash flow analysis is updated.
- This position is not remote. You will need to commit to working at least 1 day a week in our River North office in Chicago, IL.
Who you Are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant experience
- At least 3-4 years of accounting experience
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and initiatives
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Driven team player that is motivated to take responsibility and ensure successful outcomes across activates
- Good Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Expensify, Bill.com and Salesforce will be added advantage
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with short turnarounds in a fast-paced working environment
- Very detailed oriented and client focused mindset
- Flexible towards the work timings and tasks allocated
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper-growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request