AP LTL Representative
Part of the Accounts Payable Department, the AP LTL Representative is responsible for managing an account portfolio of 15-20 carriers and/or +$4MM in monthly payments. Major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: managing carrier payments and expectations, trending data and payment behavior, resolving rating disputes and billing errors, reporting payables metrics to the accounting department and reducing outstanding carrier payment obligations.
- Manage an account portfolio of 15-20 Less-Than-Truckload carriers or +$4MM monthly payments
- Analyze carrier invoices to assist in resolving payment issues
- Serve as liaison between carriers and booking reps
- Analyze and resolve pricing discrepancies as compared to carrier pricing agreements and rules 100 tariffs
- Monitor and manage carrier invoices in review, unbilled, approved, and posted status
- Follow up on cash application for carrier payments
- Dispute and/or negotiate pricing settlements with carriers as needed
- Perform adhoc carrier and client billing projects
- Reduce outstanding aging and maintain current account terms.
- Manage daily case load by resolving billing disputes and closing cases promptly
- Judiciously resolve cases timely with both the carrier and client in mind
- Retrieve, upload and submit carrier invoices for payment
- Moderate pricing discrepancies arising from rating errors or incorrectly billed invoices
- Follow up with open items including payment inquiries and billing adjustments with carriers
- Experience using Great Plains accounting software is a plus
- General accounting knowledge and/or experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong ability for personal interaction
- Proven take charge performer who is effective at multi-tasking
- Ability to follow through with tasks no matter how tedious they may appear
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Products, Excel in particular (Intermediate Skill)
- Team player and positive attitude
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.