Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!
We are currently looking for an AP/AR Coordinator who can be a part of our finance team with proven experience and knowledge in accounting and bookkeeping. The successful candidate will be responsible for applying principles of accounting to record, reconcile, analyze and monitor financial information and other projects as needed. This person should be comfortable with working in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment and show great initiative and ownership for taking on new roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for tallying the daily cash receipts against the daily bank statements
- Review the A/R aging reports and coordinate billing and collections to manage timely resolution of outstanding balances and processing checks against A/R
- Entering the cash receipt into ERP accounting system
- Record all variances (bank charges, transactional, etc.) to tie to total cash received
- Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date
- Communicating with clients and customers to request, arrange payments and execute collection efforts
- Prepare weekly and monthly bank reconciliations. Prepare a variance analysis and resolve any issues
- Invoice customers for the services provided under the contract
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Process manual checks and deposit them to bank
- Ensure vendor invoices and credits are entered in a timely manner
- Review AP entries to ensure proper GL accounts are impacted.
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate.
- Responsible for vendor set up process, collecting W-9 forms, exemption certificates and ensuring vendor is set up on payment platform
- Ensuring all vendor invoices have proper approvals
- Manage AP mailbox and respond to field and vendors as requested, including processing all attached vendor invoices
- Assist in preparation for annual audit.
- Prepare A/P and A/R forecasting reports to ensure cash flow analysis is updated.
- Assist in calculating and analyzing monthly accruals and balance sheet reconciliations
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant experience
- At least 3-4 years of accounting experience
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and initiatives
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Driven team player that is motivated to take responsibility and ensure successful outcomes across activates
- Good Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Expensify, Bill.com and Salesforce will be added advantage
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with short turnarounds in a fast-paced working environment
- Very detailed oriented and client focused mindset
- Flexible towards the work timings and tasks allocated
This position is required to work out of our downtown Chicago office at least one day a week.
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.