Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
The Credit Risk Associate is responsible for using data analysis and modeling techniques to help ensure that our highly sophisticated approaches to lending and account management remain responsible and sustainable, both for Avant and for our customers.
What you will do at Avant:
- Assist in the monthly portfolio and industry performance reviews with senior management and provide C Level management with analysis and insights used to drive business decisions
- Independently own medium and small scale projects with various stakeholders
- Review and analyze strategies and models created by the risk and business teams
- Track and report on portfolio and industry trends to stay ahead of an always-evolving consumer lending environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments on new initiatives and projects
- Identify insights in big datasets, and develop and present recommendations
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS degree with a specialization in business, statistics, math, engineering, or economics. (Masters degree preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role in financial services or consulting
- Strong SQL abilities
- Experience with open-source analytical tools such as Python or R
- Excellent business judgment
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- 1-3 years credit card, personal loans, or other consumer lending experience (preferred but not required
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.