Associate, Financial Partners Development
SPINS is seeking a world-class Associate, Financial Partners Development to grow SPINS’ business with PE/VC groups, Investment Banks, Consulting firms, and other Financial Institutions.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
SPINS’ Financial Partners Group is focused on helping financial investors find, analyze and invest in winning brands. The team uses SPINS industry-leading Natural, Organic, and Specialty Products Retail Market Information in combination with robust consumer information, analytics and strategic analyses to generate powerful insights. Comprised of experienced and entrepreneurial CPG, Retail and Financial professionals, the team is dedicated to delivering unparalleled products and service solutions to financial and strategic institutions. This high visibility, high impact part of our business builds and shapes how today’s leading investors leverage SPINS’ for sourcing brands, due diligence and brand growth for one of the fastest growing industries in today’s market.
SPINS Financial Partners Group distinguishes ourselves’ in the marketplace by providing unbeatable client services and unparalleled solutions specifically designed for investors. The Associate will be the domain expert pertaining to SPINS product and service solutions for Financial & Strategic clients. This will include ensuring a best-in-class customer experience, as well as uncovering opportunities to enhance or create new SPINS solutions that can be leveraged to drive growth. As such, the Associate position is a key cornerstone role within the department focused specially our core points of difference.
Business Development (50%)
- Inbound Business Development
- Hold discovery conversations with prospects and clients to identify opportunities between their needs and SPINS capabilities.
- Brief leadership on opportunity, solution & pricing recommendation, path-to-win
- Track & close opportunities, entering won contracts in Salesforce
- Follow-through to ensure strong delivery of contracted solutions
- Build relationship and desire to enhance partnership with SPINS
- Outbound Business Development
- Develop strategies to grow revenue in new customer segments, such as smaller PE/VC firms, Investment Banks, Consulting Firms
- Identify target prospects
- Define winning product & service solution offerings
- Define pricing & partnership strategy to win
- Build outbound marketing & sales strategy
- Drive conversion of leads in concert with wider Financial Partners team
Customer Success (50%)
- New Partners
- Lead product-related on-boarding, training and service needs
- Provide a 24-hour turnaround on due diligence data requested by the client
- Troubleshoot product/data issues as needed
- Existing Partners
- Update customer success dashboards quarterly – product success, service success, portfolio impact/success
- Deliver rich client experience that leads to long-term partner and client partnership renewals.
- Identify, synthesize, and convert client feedback into new product & service solutions or enhancements
- Collaborate across SPINS’ product & service teams to realize these innovations
The position reports to the SPINS Financial Partners Principal, will be based in our Chicago office, and may require up to 25% travel.
What you bring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, or Brand Marketing / Market Research
- 3+ years of post-Bachelor’s experience in one of the following areas
- Finance - Investment Banking, Private Equity
- Sales / Business Development - ideally servicing financial institutions
- Market Research - at service provider or in-house in a Private Equity or CPG
- Management Consulting - ideally servicing financial institutions or CPGs
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to engage with clients at all levels - from Analyst to Managing Director
- Ability to listen hard, discover client goals, and identify relevant solutions
- Ability to understand the customer mindset and offer solutions
- Strong research, analysis and critical thinking skills
- Strong POS data / market research understanding a must
- Strong financial acumen a big plus
- Passion for consumer & technology innovation
- Passion for the natural products and health & wellness industries
- Passion for creating products that solve clients, partners and targets business questions
- Ability to proactively identify potential client concerns and quickly provide resolutions with minimal guidance
- Comfort with complexity
- Curious desire to find the answer / solution wherever that may come from
- Effective at self and client-management
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Time management, being able to manage one's own time and the time of others
- Inherently savvy and skilled at leveraging business relationships at all levels within the organization
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.