Associate, Market Operations at OCC
This Operations Associate role works closely with team members, other risk management and operations groups, and OCC’s participant exchanges to oversee clearance of options and futures trading activity. The Operations is responsible for maintenance to OCC’s product masterfiles, verifying intraday options and futures trade data received from participant exchanges, monitoring SOSA processing from the exchanges, monitoring a group hotline, and ensuring functional performance during the trading day. This position combines a customer service role serving the 16 options and 2 futures exchanges with financial services responsibilities related to back-office processing. The Operations Associate analyzes participant exchange requests on various contract listing activities including adds to existing products and creation of new products, as well as responding to all exchange inquiries regarding trade processing and product status. This role scrutinizes current practices and assists in the creation of more efficient solutions, including ensuring compliance with all departmental policies and procedures. Coverage for this position starts at 10 am CT and goes through exchange balancing and SOSA sign off at 6 pm CT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Ensure the accurate and timely execution and completion of the following functions:
- Accurately process product masterfile updates.
- Assist with daily production duties including end of day balancing with exchanges.
- Perform research requests related to trade activity.
- Assist in maintaining daily masterfile statistics.
- Monitoring inbound files to OCC to make sure that they are completely processed and contain valid data.
- Verify and balance intraday trade activity. Research pended activity and ensure trade price reasonability.
- Perform daily checks to ensure OCC systems are operating correctly.
- Respond to masterfile inquiries from other departments and/or external entities (exchanges and clearing members).
- Assist in reviewing and providing edits to departmental procedures.
- Confirm that departmental controls are executing correctly as part of a quarterly self-testing initiative.
- Work one Sunday night per month to cover extended trading hours. Extra comp hours or pay included.
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical abilities
- Jobplan tracking and file monitoring
- Financial back office processing experience
- Engaging personality with customer service acumen
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team as needed
- Possess the ability to quickly learn process-based tasks
- Ability to manage and prioritize assignments and respond to rapidly shifting priorities
- Willingness to see ongoing production issues through to completion
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal business partners from different departments and at various levels of seniority
- Strong work ethic
- Problem escalation and resolution skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Experience with a job scheduling package (UC4) a plus
- Understanding of financial markets and equity/index options
Bachelor’s DegreeCertificates or Licenses: