Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
About Internal Audit
Discover’s Internal Audit (IA) Department has a commitment to provide insightful perspectives, leverage specialized talent, and deliver a refreshing experience to all of our stakeholders. This commitment is met through collaborative, hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a challenging and fast-paced environment. IA brings a consultative and progressive approach to their work, which is predicated on a culture of enhancing risk management and business outcomes for Discover, actively contributing to the development of its professionals, and embracing a mindset of innovation and continuous improvement. The department of approximately 150 professionals globally is viewed as a critical piece of the risk management framework and is valued as a trusted voice and indispensable partner.
What You’ll Do
- Perform audit reviews and complete assigned audit tasks using department tools, standards and guidelines, delivering high-quality results within established timetables.
- Interview clients.
- Create process flows and narratives.
- Review business processes, identify and assess controls, test key controls, develop findings, and communicate with clients to develop and follow up on action plans.
How You’ll Do It
With oversight from the Lead and Supervisor:
- Attend walkthrough meetings and document narratives/flowcharts.
- Assist with identification and documentation of risks, controls and tests in the automated work paper system.
- Participate in update meetings with internal audit management.
- Document work papers in accordance with Internal Audit Methodology or direction provided by the lead in a concise and logical manner.
- Understand how applications and related Information Technology (IT) risks and controls support achievement of business processing objectives
Working independently as an Associate:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Internal Audit Methodology by participating in every audit phase, including planning, fieldwork and reporting (e.g., International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) 2013).
- Demonstrate an awareness of the business unit activities under audit.
- Escalate potential findings in a concise format to the audit lead for discussion.
- Follow-up on assigned actions from the audit (status updates and verifications).
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 1+ years of audit, finance, accounting, treasury, risk management, or other work experience in a related field
- Knowledge of payments processing industry including authorization, settlement, funding, chargebacks, interchange, card association rules/regulations, EMV, tokenization, encryption, PCI, digital ecommerce payments, fraud, and current industry trends/challenges.
- Professional certification, such as CIA, CAMS, CRMC, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification (can be in the process of achieving certification)
- Experience with automated work paper system (Pentana)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Experience in financial services, banking, payments, or public accounting preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.