Billing Analyst at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
In the Billing Analyst role, you’ll review client accounts to ensure compliance with key Sarbanes Oxley revenue controls. Additional responsibilities include reconciling third party reporting and analyzing client accounts for maximizing revenue. The Billing Analyst will report to the Billing Supervisor.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Manager, Billing
The below represents the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Perform analysis and procedures to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley revenue controls.
- Reconcile and analyze reporting provided by third-parties under key Sarbanes Oxley revenue controls.
- Support accounting team with billing analysis as needed.
- Analyze client accounts for invoicing discrepancies, offering suggestions to management for maximizing revenue.
- Document and evaluate procedures, suggesting improvements to provide efficiency gains.
- Responsible for training Billing team members.
- Performs routine audits to billing systems, collaborates with management to review results.
- Assist development team with billing system release testing as well as update systems for new product offerings.
- Other ad hoc analyses and billing financial modeling upon manager request.
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing environment with further career opportunities in Billing, Accounting or Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of corporate finance experience, exposure to a public company environment a plus.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a high growth environment; aptitude to develop processes beyond their current state; intellectual curiosity.
- Desire to be an active business partner.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel with an emphasis on V-lookup and Pivot Table functions preferred.
- Team Player - will be able to collaborate with others to make awesome happen.
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Accounting Team is currently working remotely. You will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.