Billing and Collections Specialist
Market Track, LLCs Billing and Collections Specialist will be responsible for invoicing and collection of customer receivables for all sales contracts for the company. The Billing and Collections Specialist will work in the finance team and interact closely with the revenue accountant and sales team to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of contracts and aid in accurate revenue reporting. As the Billing and Collections specialist works directly with customers on a daily basis, the ideal candidate is someone who is positive and energetic with a customer service centric attitude. This person should be able to efficiently multi-task as this position works cross functionally within the organization daily servicing the needs of not only customers, but also the finance, sales, and management teams.
- Process vendor setup requests and provide vendor data to clients via custom forms and online portal registrations
- Maintain vendor documents such as W-9, W-8BEN-E, and Banking and Remittance Information sheet
- Review sales orders and process approval to bill
- Respond to internal and external billing inquiries
- Generate invoices and approve to submit to client; process daily invoice batch or on demand submissions and upload to client portals when necessary
- Process credit memos and rebill sales orders as needed
- Generate and deliver account statements to clients
- Submit requests for refund processing to accounts payable as approved by controller
- Work collaboratively with the sales, legal, and revenue teams to resolve invoice disputes
- Manage collections efforts for a set of customers to ensure timely payment
- Work on special projects as asked
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's OR associate degree in Accounting/Finance OR relevant previous experience in least 3+ years of relevant business experience - preferably in an Accounts Receivable or Billing/Collections specialist role.
- Positive attitude and the ability to maintain professionalism at all times when interacting with customers
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of accounting for revenue and GAAP accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that translates into proactive updates to management internally and positive interactions with customers
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Self-starter able to manage a significant workload and balance competing high priority tasks
- Experience in NetSuite a plus.
- Working knowledge of online e-billing portals such as Ariba, Tungsten, Taulia, Serengeti, Basware, Coupa, etc. a plus
- Basic knowledge of the procurement process is a plus