Billing & Collections Specialist at Numerator
Numerator's Billing and Collections Specialist will be responsible for invoicing and collection of customer receivables for all sales contracts for the company. This individual will work in the Finance team and interact closely with the revenue analyst and sales team to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of contracts and aid in accurate revenue reporting. As the Billing and Collections Specialist works directly with customers on a daily basis, the ideal candidate is someone who is positive and energetic with a customer service-centric attitude. He/she should be able to efficiently multi-task as this position works cross functionally within the organization daily servicing the needs of not only customers, but also the Finance, Sales, and Management teams.
- Process vendor setup requests and provide vendor data to clients via custom forms and online portal registrations
- Maintain vendor documents such as W-9, W-8BEN-E, and Banking and Remittance Information sheet
- Prepare quotes for client procurement to obtain a purchase order
- Review sales orders and process approval to bill
- Review, respond to, and process client requests regarding their invoice or our vendor setup
- Generate invoices and approve to submit to client; process daily invoice batch or on demand submissions
- Process credit memos and re-bill sales orders as needed
- Generate and deliver accounts statements to clients
- Submit requests for refund processing to accounts payable as approved by controller
- Manage online portals for submission and status of invoices, and updates to vendor remittance data
- Communicate cancellation requests to sales and revenue accounting teams if not in copy
- Respond to sales inquiries regarding the status of billing
- Follow-up with clients on the status of open invoices
- Bachelor's OR associate degree OR relevant previous experience in accounting, finance, billing, or business administration.
- Prefer 5+ years of relevant business experience - preferably in an Accounts Receivable or Billing/Collections specialist role. Experience in NetSuite a plus.
- Positive attitude and the ability to maintain professionalism at all times when interacting with customers
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of accounting for revenue and GAAP accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that translates into proactive updates to management internally and positive interactions with customers
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Self-starter able to manage a significant workload and balance competing high priority tasks
- Working knowledge of online e-billing portals such as Ariba, Tungsten, Taulia, Serengeti, Basware, Coupa, etc.
- Basic knowledge of the procurement process is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.