WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). All of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s Finance team employs our product, Basis, to invoice, reconcile, and recognize revenue—all from one platform. Their use case is a prime example of how dynamic, robust, and transformative Basis truly is. This passionate and highly efficient team embodies Raving Fan service with their customers and colleagues by striving for excellence and accuracy in everything they do.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will be responsible for billing customers on both Centro services and software side of the business, funding customer accounts, and responding to requests through our accounts receivable ticketing system. You will also be involved in our month-end revenue reconciliation process for services customers, and ad hoc projects as assigned. You will contribute by:
- Managing full cycle billing for designated accounts within department deadlines
- Assigning and responding to billing and general AR inquiries in Zendesk
- Completing monthly account and revenue reconciliations for assigned regions
- Serving as the primary backup for DSP billing specialist
- Completing timely and accurate, refunds, refills, and transfers of customer DSP accounts
- Processing DSP client customer payments
- Assisting with invoice send-outs
- Completing vendor registration forms and fulfilling W9 requests
- Assisting in the annual audit
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 1-2 years’ experience in high-volume billing or accounts receivable
- Some experience accepting customer payments
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Netsuite preferred
- Strong experience in Excel, including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience with month-end close, or projects with hard deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize key objectives
- Commitment to accuracy, must have strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Experience in digital advertising industry
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.