Billing Specialist at NielsenIQ
As a Billings Specialist you will be responsible for timely and accurate reconciliation of billing inputs and preparation of client invoices for complex, ongoing contracts. You will support the Billing Manager with month-end balancing and other senior-level tasks. You will provide information to facilitate revenue forecasting and identify and document opportunities for process improvement.
- · Client Maintenance on billing/order management systems
- · Electronic invoice setup and maintenance
- · Periodic audit of Ongoing Contracts
- · Client Fund management, review and reporting
- · Support training and development of Billing Coordinators
- · Review credit requests to ensure accuracy and validity
- · Review contract re-negotiations and make appropriate invoice
- · Review and resolve escalations from Billing Coordinators
- · For Complex, Ongoing Contracts, reconcile orders, contracts, financial statements and other billing inputs to ensure alignment and accuracy
- · Interpret Complex, Ongoing Contracts (work with Legal department as needed)
- · Determine appropriate product category to apply to products/services
- · Determine appropriate revenue recognition code(s) to use for invoicing
- · Work with Client Service to resolve any discrepancies between billing inputs
- · Enter invoices in a timely manner according to established procedures
- · Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in the invoicing process
- · Position impacts and supports the entire NielsenUS billing process.
- Support 300-500 customer accounts
- · Bachelors degree in Accounting/Business/Finance
- · 3-5 years relevant experience
- · Understanding of consumer product categories
- · Understanding of revenue recognition rules and coding
- · Accounting/Revenue Cycle Policies and Procedures
- · Strong oral/written communication
- · Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- · Proficient use of MS Office (Excel) and Google Suite
- Understanding of Nielsen products and services - preferred
- Experience with SAP - preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.