The Billing Specialist is responsible for performing data entry of information to maintain database(s) through custom software. The Billing Specialist ensures accuracy, efficiency and retrieval of processed data. This position also proofs material entered as required and generates data reports as required.
Billing Specialist's Role and Responsibilities
- Review information for accuracy before it’s processed for billing.
- Enter billing invoices into company databases.
- Verify accuracy of data inputted into the database, and resolve discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Track documents received and completion dates.
- Assist and train new data entry operators.
- Receive and resolve affiliate calls about services and billing expectations
- Communicate with technical staff to resolve computer and software problems.
- Complete reports, as needed.
- Back up files.
- Clerical duties including filing documents.
- Maintain database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience- Typically 3+ years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’s degree)
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of word processing, basic spreadsheet and database maintenance and a working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong keyboarding skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous billing experience is a plus
Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Decision Making, Independence, Analyzing Information, Results Driven.