Billing Team Manager
This position supports Billing Leadership by overseeing department day to day operations and provides oversight to the Billing Team. The position also serves as a subject matter expert/main point of contact for specialized accounts and owns process improvement standardization/documentation.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing and updating billing policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines – heavily focused on specialized accounts
- Serve as the liaison between the Billing and Operations Teams when issues require resolution; escalates additional issues as necessary
- Works directly with the Client/Billing Leadership in relation to researching specialized invoice processing and payments – making high level decisions on validity of requests from multiple organizations
- Independently manage time and tasks related to multiple clients
- Assist in financial upload /processing for high profile client(s)
- Communicate SMS standards and expectations to client(s) and vendor(s)
- Meet with individual team members to track progress and provide tasks
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and training of new hires and department staff
- Track individual goals and/or KPIs for team members; addresses both positive and negative findings
- Perform quality audits on tasks performed by team members
- Address and resolve any disciplinary issues with assigned team members; provides details to management.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of team members suggesting performance improvement plans as needed
- Hold monthly follow-up meetings with team to communicate client changes and process updates.
- Focus on continuous improvement, implementation and communicating new processes and procedures and increase team productivity and operational excellence.
- Lead by example and fosters a positive work environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Verbal Communication – Proficient
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Relationships – Advanced
- Customer Service - Proficient
- Prioritization - Advanced
- Analysis – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Process Orientation - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Independent and self-driven
- Ability to adapt and comprehend complex requests and make decisions on execution
- Professional, relevant examples of effective sustainable client/vendor relationships
- Creativity/innovation to apply new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
People Management Skills
- Proficient in basic people management processes
- Proficient in leading a small team on a day to day basis, within a broader organization structure
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of related experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Knowledge of SMS Assist client billing guidelines is preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.