Bookkeeper (Part Time, 1099)
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. One third of the over $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity, and more than half of Americans don’t get care because of the price tag. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
As HealthJoy’s Bookkeeper, you will work closely with our Vice President of Finance and Controller to build out accounting processes and controls. This role will have a high level of responsibility and the ability to make an immediate impact at a growing company. The role will have ownership of HealthJoy’s billing, receivables, and payables functions.
How you’ll contribute
- Review invoicing/ billing for completeness and accuracy; resolving billing issues when necessary and paying bills on behalf of HealthJoy.
- Scan paper checks and record payments in Bill.com on a weekly basis
- Record all customer transactions into QB; including checks, deposits, Stripe billings/ invoices, credit memos, discounts, trials and other transactions affecting the checking account.
- Review new subscription contracts and ensure they are set up correctly in QBO (or AR sub-ledger like Stripe); confirming data agrees with Salesforce CRM/ sales reports for accurate revenue recognition and deferred revenue reporting in QBO.
- Review AR Aging reports and identify collection issues for resolution, e.g. Dunning on failed credit card charges.
- Own bi-monthly payroll cycle; on-boarding new employees and adjusting current employee compensation and withholdings as needed
- Ensure taxes due are paid on time and quarterly and annual filings are completed on time.
- Record adjusting journal entries such as accruals and depreciation.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; includes bank reconciliation for the checking, savings, credit card and loan accounts and any other related key accounts.
- QuickBooks Online (QBO) experience required
- Bill.com (BDC) experience preferred
- Flexibility to work up to 30 hours per week once a month (first week of the month in order to close the books)
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently towards weekly and monthly deadlines
- Integrity and understanding of confidentiality
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as a Bookkeeper or Administrative Assistant
Note: The position is a 1099 contract, part-time (20-30 hours per week) role based out of our River North office.