Bookkeeping and Tax Prep (1099/Freelance) - 20-40 hours+ per week of remote client work available
Looking to leverage your previous public accounting experience in a freelance capacity? Paro has the opportunity for you during tax season & beyond! Our Freelancer Network is seeking 1099 Freelance Tax Prep/Bookkeepers with work beginning as soon as January 15, 2021, starting at 20 hours per week.
Paro helps growing companies gain confidence in their finances. We match businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
About Being A Tax Expert with Paro
Paro provides freelancers (1099 contractors) with access to client work through the managed marketplace and allows you to grow your own book of business on the Paro platform while we handle the business development. Our team ensures that the client expectations and budgets of projects are clearly defined before they get to the freelancer to deliver.
This freelancer will partner with a CPA firm during the tax busy season to provide support to multiple clients. CPA firms range from local boutique accounting firms to mid-tier public accounting firms.
Examples of Tax Freelancer Projects (not limited to):
- Prepare quarterly & annual tax reports or tax returns (1120s, 1120-C, 1040s, 1065s, etc.)
- Leverage software such as: Ultratax, Lacerte, CCH, and ProConnect
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax database
- Perform detailed reviews of all taxes prior to filing
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits
- Comply with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities
- Offer support and guidance during audits
- Present industry trends and changes related to taxes for clients
- 1-3 years of experience in public accounting
- College degree in Accounting or Tax (a plus)
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to work independently, without guidance and meet deadlines
- Integrity, ethical standards and understanding of confidentiality
- Professional communication skills- written, verbal and presentation skills