BSA/AML Compliance Sr Associate, Manager at Avant
What you do at Avant:
- Conduct transaction monitoring, identify unusual activity, escalating identified activity as needed and generally supporting all aspects of the BSA/AML Program.
- Identify opportunities and implement automation to effectively scale the BSA/AML Program.
- Provide consultation to the first line of defense by assisting in answering questions, providing technical advice and issue resolution, specifically on matters related to disputes, identity theft, and red flags cases.
- Review unusual activity and identify patterns that require further escalation, including SAR filings to bank partners, as appropriate.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy as it relates to BSA/AML Program.
- Help enhance comprehensive internal guidelines regarding BSA/AML compliance.
- Work with business lines to implement and support BSA/AML initiatives, provide business lines with necessary support including training and process documentation.
- Provide assistance in the evaluation of new products and services, processes, and procedures to ensure requirements of the BSA and OFAC are met.
- Assist with the enterprise BSA/AML and OFAC Risk Assessment processes.
- Complete compliance reviews on business lines to evaluate compliance with applicable laws and regulations and company policy. Assess adequacy of internal controls and assist with remediation as applicable. Develop supporting documentation including procedures, workpapers, reports, and other supplemental documentation.
- Stay current on financial services products and regulatory landscape, specifically on BSA/AML laws and regulations for business impact.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
What you might oversee at Avant:
- BSA/AML transaction monitoring function, including calibrating alert rules to minimize false positives and focus resources on areas of significant risk.
- SAR filings with bank partners and other bank partner requests.
- Dispute resolution, identity theft and red flags cases.
- Vendor relationships for transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, and other fraud investigation tools and solutions.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 4+ years of financial services, fraud investigation or risk management, and/or regulatory compliance experience.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate high-level writing proficiency and compile detailed reports.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint ) and Google Suite.
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data, specifically around suspicious account activity. Self-confidence, good judgment, and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments.
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance.
- Willingness to take on additional projects and duties as needed.
- SQL, Atlassian (Jira and Confluence), and/or Looker experience a plus.