Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to create and enhance their digital credit offerings. Built by lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years—with a suite of proven product modules for credit decisioning, fraud prevention, account verifications, servicing engines and CRM solutions. Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk consulting & analytics. Amount clients include financial institutions collectively managing close to $1T in US assets and servicing more than 25 million US customers. Visit www.amount.com for more information.
Amount is looking for a new member of its BSA/AML team in Chicago. This role is focused on minimizing Amount’s exposure to criminal financial activity and high-risk applicants and customers by reviewing high-risk credit applications and serving as the lead investigation team at the company. You’ll work closely with leadership to influence policy and techniques to combat a consistently-changing risk and regulatory environment. We are looking for a hands-on candidate who takes ownership and seeks opportunities. Prior Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering experience is not required.
What you do at Amount:
- Perform live review of high-risk credit applications to identify criminal financial activity and prevent it from entering Avant’s portfolio.
- Perform in-depth investigations into Avant’s customer base to identify and flag emerging risk which could indicate a coordinated attack and recommend remediation.
- In conjunction with Avant’s BSA/AML leadership team, develop and implement rules and policies to mitigate risk.
- Perform review of Politically Exposed Persons and alerts to Sanctions lists.
- Draft reports for inclusion in Potentially Suspicious Activity Escalations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on new initiatives, project requests, prioritization and delivery.
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- BA/BS degree.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data and policy. Experience with Excel, SQL, and business writing is preferred.
- Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills with key attention to detail.
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative and critical thinking.
- Must be able to interface effectively with other departments and team members.
Why Amount is a fit for you:
At Amount, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.