The Budget Coordinator is responsible for standardizing budget protocols including the coordination and stewardship of Opnad budget materials across key internal stakeholders. Opnad referenced McDonald’s National Owner/Operator Advertising Fund. Primary responsibilities include the aggregation & review of budget-related documents (progressions, cash flows, presentation, etc.), coordination of inputs across budget leads and the scheduling of monthly budget tie-out meetings, This position primarily supports the McDonald’s US Media Team, as well as other relevant budget owners within Marketing and Digital and reports to the Sr. Director of US Media.
Lead Coordination & Development of Opnad Budget Materials
- Prepares monthly budget updates including on-going track of expenses vs. planned across all budget line-items
- Partners with Opnad budget stakeholders & McDonald's budget coordinator to help track, manage and report invoicing vs. planned/approved expenses
- Coordinates with Opnad Accounting on budget inputs and necessary follow-up on invoicing approvals
- Conducts quarterly tie-out of budgeting documents with Opnad Accounting + budget leads
- Partners with Sr. Director, Media to develop budget presentation materials in advance of committee and Opnad meetings
- Schedules monthly budget meetings with key stakeholders
Communication & Reporting
- Coordinates and aggregates budget inputs from national agencies/national marketing leads
- Schedules monthly tie-out meetings across all relevant budget stakeholders
- Partners with national agencies to compile on-going reporting, including: media spending by vendor reports, Talent & Residual tracking, etc.
- Assists media team leads in other areas of reporting, including resource allocation, ROMS, etc.
- Supports the Director in the development of all functional documents
- Responsible for on-boarding new budget stakeholders on process, accountabilities and documentation, including the documentation of new/evolved process workflows
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes in an effort to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- People/Relationship Management
- Builds and manages collaborative relationships with marketing peers, national and local agencies and Opnad Accounting
- 2-4 years of accounting, accounts payable experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Adept at excel-based reporting and pivot tables
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to accuracy
- Hard-working, efficient, responsive, organized