Note: this job will eventually be on-site in Chicago, but in the meantime due to CV-19, it is remote.
Equilibria (“EQ”) is a high-growth, omni-channel premium CBD platform for women. We are dedicated to restoring balance to our community — physically and mentally — through our high quality CBD products and personalized dosage & delivery support. We are growing our team with proven, passionate, positive leaders and look forward to hearing from qualified candidates. Corporate Headquarters: River North, Chicago; Bioscience and Farm Operations: Longmont, CO.
The BI&F Manager will be an integral partner with our sales and tech team to optimize how we collect, use, and analyze our data, ensuring that we are using the data to create actionable insights. You will be part of the implementation and post-implementation tracking to ensure our goals are achieved. You will also help us realize that data and insights on the P&L - creating annual strategic plans, tracking actuals against the plans and managing iterative forecasts. The financial portion of this position has immense, exciting gravity for our organization.
Data Leadership required:
- Work cross-functionally with our Engineering, Operations, Finance, Sales & Marketing teams to identify important questions, define key success metrics, and shape data-informed product and business strategies
- Build dashboards and automate reporting related to key performance metrics
- Formulate strong hypotheses, independently solve problems, and share insights in a compelling narrative
Financial Leadership required:
- Develop the annual company budget, long-term strategic plan and monthly forecasts.
- Own and improve the consolidated financial model used throughout the planning process.
- Own and actively manage short-term cash flow analysis and forecasting - we’ll be depending on you to help answer short and long-term cash flow questions.
- Work with cross-functional leadership to deeply understand key drivers of all lines of business to provide insight into future trajectory and identify opportunities for both growth and savings.
- Develop recommendations based on data and financial analyses
- Evaluate new revenue opportunities, capital projects or expense saving initiatives through cost-benefit analysis to be included in ongoing plan updates (as needed)
- Implement process for planning, tracking and monitoring company headcount, payroll and related costs
- Perform strategic planning “what-if” scenarios for annual company projections, helping executives and business leaders make real-time decisions.
- Perform regular business reviews with executives and business leaders to assess any deviations from the financial plan and deep dive with functional teams to assess root cause, providing recommendations for improvement.
- 4+ years experience in a highly analytical, fast-paced role in Consulting, Finance, Data Analytics
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics
- Advanced knowledge of Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel and Google Slides / Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience writing SQL to query databases preferred, BI and visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Superset, Mode) preferred
- Ability to leverage data to drive strategic insights and make actionable, results oriented recommendations through complex financial models
- Demonstrated experience and passion for developing the right metrics and dashboards - you love a visual!
- Effective stakeholder management experience
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills