Business Operations Consultant
Job Description Summary
The ideal candidate for the Business Operations Consultant will play a key consultative role to our internal customers, including identifying strategic information needs, conducting data and process analyses, providing actionable recommendations, executing planning and analytical projects that support the organization's operational objectives with a focus on our outsource vendor management activities. This position will assist in the development of targeted action planning for business leaders and serve as an internal thought leader on process and vendor management topics.
To be successful this person will need to possess strong business acumen and desire to learn, as well as demonstrate outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Support management of the outsource vendors. May oversee the work of vendors and cross-functional project teams for strategic projects.
- Support the organization in preparing purchase orders, tracking invoices, and maintaining an overview of spending over time.
- Improve vendor impact on operations through the development of demand planning, forecasting, and resource management models.
- Complete analysis for critical vendor meetings, including QBRs, to enable meaningful discussions.
- Identifying opportunities for additional savings. (cost, efficiency, investment, quality, etc.)
- Act as a liaison and interfaces cross-functionally to maintain communication between business groups. Participates in the development of overall objectives and long-term goals of the organization.
- Be a participating member on a wide range of internal and external meetings; including, quality, inventory, business reviews, client implementations, and product portfolio discussions.
- Develop/utilize models to support strategic decision making, providing meaningful insights to the business and continually offering value-added ideas, advice and solutions.
- Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to ensure results are well understood and business results optimized.
- Provide ongoing, timely and accurate analysis of casualty operations results.
- Analyze, communicate and present data to business partners and senior leadership to align on recommendations.
- Accurately assess requests and business situations and determine methods & procedures to address complex assignments.
- Assist with adhoc operations projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or engineering.
- 5 plus years’ relevant experience with vendor management/procurement, finance, and/or operations; consulting experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance market and P&C claims, and the BPO marketplace.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including use of formulas, pivot tables, and appropriate visualizations. Familiarity with Tableau and similar tools is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas to all levels in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Flexible, adaptable and highly motivated. Ability to work in a matrix environment; identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact initiatives.
- Ability and willingness to travel within assigned areas of responsibility, including overnight stays
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!