- Job Description:
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowners with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated business/financial analyst to play an active role in the analysis, evaluation, and execution of mortgage related information and financial reports.
- Provide analytical support and complete special projects for all functional areas
- Gather and analyze data in order to make financial or business recommendations
- Evaluate economic performance of loans/loan officers; provide detailed results
- Analyze financial data, spotting trends, developing forecasts
- Measure financial risks associated with specific processes and procedures
- Track and analyze fluctuations in expenses and revenues vs. budget and forecast
- Analyze ongoing company production and volume to evaluate company staffing needs
- Perform ad hoc internal audit work as assigned
- Prepare, review, and distribute periodic executive reports
- Perform Commission and Payroll Audits
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required
- MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred
- Experience in Mortgage or Financial Services preferred
- Financial modeling experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- A leader who is naturally optimistic, achievement-oriented, and driven to produce high results
- Strategic and forward thinker who is a true team player
- An effective problem solver who is highly intelligent and well organized
- Excellent communicator – must possess strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to meet or exceed goals relating to your position
- Capability of dealing with multiple personalities at all levels of the organization/department
- Proven aptitude to learn quickly and handle a fast-paced, fluid workload
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law