Campus: Quantitative Trader Internship (Summer 2019)
Title: Quantitative Trader Intern
Start Date Options: Summer 2019
Our Quantitative Trader Interns get a jump start on their careers by going through an expedited training program, similar to our full time traders. Over ten weeks you will learn trading fundamentals, trade on simulated markets, and complete a project in quantitative research, data science, or financial modeling. You must learn, innovate, and use your skills to make an impact at Optiver. You will work closely with an experienced trader to get a sense for our office culture, gain exposure to different trading desks, and experience the financial markets first-hand.
What you’ll need:
• Sophomore or Junior standing for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field
• Superior quantitative and logical reasoning skills
• Interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
• Experience programming or scripting a plus
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver works in the fast-paced, high-tech financial markets. Our story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker; focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and over 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to competitively improve the market unites us.