The Cash Analyst is responsible for accurately applying all customer payments received by Cars.com. In addition, the Cash Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that all live checks received are given to the Accounting team for deposit.
- Processing and posting payments received from customer, including wires/ACH and credit card payments within a timely manner.
- Ensuring posted payments balance to control totals.
- Verifying the information provided by banks regarding customer accounts is accurate.
- Identifying, researching and processing returned customer checks and customer refund checks.
- Working closely with the Accounts Receivables team to identify, research and process all unidentified and misapplied payments from customers so they are accurately applied to customer accounts.
- Maintaining and supporting all daily, weekly and monthly cash reporting including but not limited to Daily Cash Receipts, Monthly Cash Goals, Unidentified Payment Listing, Cash Applied Reports, etc.
- Responding to inquiries regarding checks received from internal and external customers.
- Completing requests such as write-offs, refunds, and misapplied payments that come from the Accounts Receivables team.
- Printing customer invoices monthly and working with our Mailroom to mail them out in a timely manner.
- Completing other special projects or assuming additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and bookkeeping practices
- Basic mathematical skills essential
- Ability to properly handle and maintain confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Exemplary decision-making skills
- Minimum requirement Associates Degree in Accounting. Bachelors preferred due to involvement with accounting policies and accounting procedures.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Finance / Accounting organization/department
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft 9.1 preferred
- Familiarity with SalesForce preferred