Chief Financial Officer at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is looking for a Chief Financial Officer
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced CFO to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
We’re looking for a proven finance leader who will play a critical role in charting the path towards future growth and success of one of Chicago’s nicest tech companies. You will report to our CEO and work right in partnership with our Leadership Team, in particular our Chief Operating Officer and Chief Revenue Officer, to build a first-class, data-driven finance organization that improves company wide decision making and fuels Jellyvision’s continued growth. You will be a business partner to other senior leaders, run point on financial planning & analysis, build and own our business intelligence capabilities, manage a team of capable and delightful finance and accounting folks and contribute in just about every aspect of our day-to-day finance & business operations.
What you’ll do
- Own the strategic vision for finance at Jellyvision
- Partner with business leaders to provide numbers-driven insights that lead to real change and value creation within their departments
- Forecast the company’s future business results and growth opportunities in order to keep our business leaders in the know about where we are and where we need to go
- Analyze our unit economics and identify opportunities to improve upon
- Recommend & design benchmark reports that measure product, project, and company performance
- Lead critical parts of the annual planning & budgeting processes in a smooth and orderly fashion so that senior leadership is aligned on the planned path ahead • Research & recommend treasury policy that drives how we manage our cashflow and deploy our resources
- Lead the financial reporting and accounting teams
- Rolling up your sleeves and apply your business savvy to take on ad hoc projects & evaluate potential M&A opportunities
You should also know that you’ll partner closely with a leadership team who knows finance can bring game changing insights, ideas, and a global perspective to the table, which we hope you’ll build upon. You’ll be backed up by a seasoned accounting team who knows our business and will be ready to help you utilize our historical accounting data to glean insights for the future. Lastly, this is an opportunity to build and refine a team and business insight capabilities. You will think “full board” about the business and ways to help it grow, while hopefully having a little fun too.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 10+ years of finance/accounting experience, including experience in a high growth SaaS or tech company
- Experience with both building things from scratch, whether that be processes, reports, new roles, or entire start-ups, as well as evolving or upgrading legacy process and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Experience leading teams - we’re looking for a builder, a coach, and a leader of people
- Demonstrated experience building robust financial models
- Experience working with and influencing senior leaders
- Experience with fund raising and M&A
- Experience in HR or healthcare tech is a plus
- Financial Acumen: The ability to build a robust and accurate financial analysis, along with an eye for data visualization & presentation that allows you to insightfully present information to senior leadership and the board of directors.
- Business Insight and Drives Results: Strong business savvy & analytical skills. We need someone who is always thinking, quantifying, comparing, and coming up with ways to make our operations and finances better.
- Communicates effectively: Communication skills and presence, which allow you to effectively influence decision making and get your point across.
- Cultivates Innovation: A fast motor and big gas tank. You need to be able to move fast and not wear out. This is a role for someone who will tirelessly challenge the status quo and wants to innovate constantly.
- Manages Ambiguity and Complexity: You need to be able to take quick, ambiguous directions and then synthesize it into an output that solves the problem or meets the need.
- Plans and Aligns: Be a pro juggler. You will need to manage a heavy and diverse workload without breaking a sweat. To do so you’ll have to be proactive, able to prioritize, and be a strong communicator.
- Decision Quality: Integrity and a commitment to the highest possible ethical standards. The only thing not funny about Jellyvision is our books.
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, MI, MN, NY, OR, TX, or WI.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!