Collections Specialist at SPINS LLC
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.What you will do.
The Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. This position will report to the Accounting Manager. This role requires strong attention to detail, an understanding of accounting principles including revenue recognition, accounts receivable and cash application, problem-solving and negotiation, and an ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks. Able to demonstrate flexibility, tactfulness and handle a high volume of work.
- Analyze monthly Aged Receivables Reports to identify those clients who need to be contacted. Review open accounts for collection efforts.
- Make outbound collection calls & emails in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Research billing issues and communicate results to Customers and Sales Team
- Deliver exceptional customer service while keeping goals and metrics in mind
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment terms.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Scan & email documents to clients and follow up.
Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills required
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently
- Must have advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Able to organize daily workload volumes
- Must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a team environment
- Accept direction and constructive criticism; perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel & Word.
- Experience in NetSuite & SalesForce is preferred but not required.
What SPINS Offers
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.