Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
As a leader, you will help define and build the new Commercial Growth function within West Monroe’s Strategic Growth group—specifically through leading and managing the firm’s Value Creation Program. West Monroe’s Value Creation Program is centered around clients, focused on improving how we measure and communicate the quantitative financial value we deliver for clients. This is a highly visible role, which is tied to an executive-level firmwide strategic goal designed to propel West Monroe’s value creation score above industry benchmarks. We will achieve this goal by ensuring that at least half our clients report that we delivered quantifiable financial value to them via our working relationship by the end of 2025.
In this role, the Director of Value Creation will partner with the Commercial Growth leadership team to influence the change management and buy-in required to make the Value Creation Program a success at West Monroe. They will be responsible for defining success measures for the program, driving adoption of the program via training, and providing direct support to the consulting line for communicating value during opportunities, engagements, and case studies. Candidates should be passionate about what they do and enjoy a fun, entrepreneurial environment—the Commercial Growth function is being established at the end of 2021 into 2022, thus this role will play a part in shaping the team as they have contact and interaction with all levels of the West Monroe organization as well as external clients.
The Director of Value Creation should have strong understanding of the industries and clients we serve as well as experience selling and delivering work in the consulting space. They will work alongside other parts of Commercial Growth to fuel the firm’s organic growth by productizing our repeatable offerings, ensuring they bring together traditional consulting, product mindset, and proprietary software assets to help our clients become digital and realize financial returns—with obvious emphasis on/ownership over value realization.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in consulting, financial management, and client delivery and management. They will have the opportunity to work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Revenue Officer, and Chief Operating Officer.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Design a repeatable approach for identifying and measuring value for offerings—one that the consulting line resources can use to measure and communicate value before, during, and after engagements with clients
- Socialize and create buy-in for KPIs that enable management to track progress against internal value creation adoption and performance
- Create personal goals related to both the adoption of value creation internally
- Own the firmwide strategic goal related to value, which measures reception of our Value Creation Program by clients in the market
- Manage execution against strategic initiatives designed to deliver value to clients
- Represent Commercial Growth team to firmwide leadership
- Partner with the Chief Revenue Officer to ensure we are measuring and communicating value on each engagement
- Build executive-level relationships with key line operators to secure buy-in around defining and communicating quantifiable financial value
- Drive behavioral change within West Monroe’s cross-functional industry segment leadership teams to influence a new approach to client delivery
- Partner with Talent Leadership & Development (training team) to develop curriculums for Value Creation Program including incorporating value creation concepts into existing training programs
- Mobilize a team to partner with the line to create consistent ways to measure and communicate value created by our repeatable offerings
- Develop next generation of leaders via active coaching/mentoring/development plans for Senior Managers/Managers within Commercial Growth team
- Stay on top of industry trends related to value identification and communication – including the use of data/tools to make the program more impactful
- Must have a minimum 15+ years of work experience, including direct client delivery in a consulting environment
- Strong financial modeling acumen
- Some background in 1-2 industries we serve with ability to learn financial / value drivers for all industries we serve
- Experience designing and standing up internal teams and processes designed to drive change within an organization
- Ability to lead teams by influence, activating others to execute and drive results by collaborating across functions in a matrixed environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for stakeholder and change management as well as relationship building
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with prior experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations
- Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment, and logic when solving problems and making decisions
- Ability to understand West Monroe’s business and apply knowledge and critical thinking skills in day-to-day problems and solutions
- Ability to relate well with others, build relationships, and constructively interact with a variety of people and situations
- Ability to demonstrate integrity while successfully managing work demands and pressure; continually pursues personal development
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.