Compliance Advisory Associate at Avant
What you do at Avant:
- Help enhance and manage our issue management program, including assessing risk ratings and recommending remediation plans.
- Analyze newly proposed business initiatives for regulatory risks, suggest risk mitigations, assist with user acceptance testing prior to rollout, and propose additional controls.
- Help manage our Complaint Management Program.
- Build strong relationships and lines of communication with various business units.
- Establish and continuously improve a consistent operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks and issues.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Prepare formal reporting to internal committees, management and the Board of Directors and to external bank partners.
- Support and provide oversight for the compliance strategy for cross functional projects.
- Assist with the effective implementation, maintenance and administration of the compliance program and help provide visibility around compliance throughout the organization.
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed.
What you might own at Avant:
- Serve as the compliance subject matter expert for one of the credit products offered through Avant’s platform.
- Integrate with the business units early in the product design and change management process to suggest risk mitigations and controls while keeping the customer experience front of mind
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; JD/CRCM a plus
- 2-5 years of financial services compliance experience (bank experience a plus)
- Strong background in federal and state consumer finance laws
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate high-level writing proficiency and deliver detailed reports to management is imperative- experience producing compliance reporting is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of being able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments, bank partners, and regulators
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (experience with SQL is a plus)
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance