Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you have experience working in regulatory compliance and want to help build complaint products at a FinTech company?
Avant is looking for a Compliance Manager to join its technology forward Compliance Department that enables Avant’s mission while also mitigating and managing risk. As a Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Credit Card or Deposit product, specifically in the areas of Compliance Advisory, Issue Management, and Complaint Management. Your job will be to effectively partner with various business units to ensure regulatory compliance with respect to new products, initiatives, complaints, and issues. You will help develop practical compliance solutions by working with the business to understand issues, develop ideas, and execute on them.
In this role, you are expected to maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations, including, but not limited to TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN, BSA and other AML related regulations. As a Compliance Manager, you will be expected to promote a culture of corporate compliance by the use of best practices and a compliant work ethic in alignment with Avant’s internal policies.
What you do at Avant
- Evaluate new business initiatives and participate in complex projects to identify potential compliance risk and risk mitigation activities
- Participate in our Complaint Management and Issue Management programs, including assessing risk ratings and recommending remediation plans
- Build strong relationships and lines of communication with various business units
- Develop in-depth working knowledge of business products, services, processes, and strategies
- Prepare formal reporting to internal committees, management, the Board of Directors, and external bank partners
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed
What you might own at Avant
- Serve as the compliance subject matter expert for the Credit Card or Deposit product offered through Avant’s platform
- Get involved early in the product design and change management process to suggest risk mitigations and controls
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Bachelor’s Degree required; JD/CRCM a plus
- 5-7 years of financial services regulatory compliance experience working with Credit Cards or Deposits; bank experience preferred
- Strong background in federal and state consumer finance laws
- Proven track record of creativity, resourcefulness, and a passion for problem-solving as a team player who can build relationships across functions, business lines, and levels
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and clearly articulate trade-offs while also maintaining flexibility as the situation changes
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.