Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Do you have experience working in regulatory compliance and want to help enhance and build compliance processes at a FinTech company?
Avant is looking for a new Compliance Officer to join the Regulatory Compliance team within the 20-person Compliance Department in Chicago. You will be primarily responsible for assisting with second line regulatory compliance monitoring and testing support, while also supporting state regulatory examinations, regulatory audits, conducting regulatory risk assessments, and tracking regulatory events and updates. This role may also entail support of other compliance functions including compliance reporting and bank partner audits.
In this role, you are expected to maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations including but not limited to TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN, BSA and other AML related regulations, and Fair Lending. You will work with multiple business units to analyze regulatory requirements, calibrate business functions using a risk-based approach, to ultimately ensure proper adherence to applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
What you do at Avant:
- Perform targeted regulatory testing to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Review controls established by business owners for effectiveness
- Participate in Regulatory team initiatives to enhance second line compliance oversight
- Ensure compliance function calibrations are aligned with areas of regulatory risk
- Participate in regulatory and bank partner examinations and audits
- Collaborate with various business units to enhance the existing regulatory risk assessment framework, identify controls and gaps in business rules and processes, and assemble findings in reports to senior management and bank partners
- Prepare formal reporting to senior management and the Compliance Committee
- Stay abreast of all federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer lending
What you might own at Avant:
- On a regular cadence, ability to work independently on internal regulatory audits and related transactional testing
- Additional regulatory side projects as necessary
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS required; JD/CRCM optional
- 2-5 years of financial services regulatory compliance experience
- Strong background in federal and state consumer finance laws
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate high-level writing proficiency and deliver detailed reports to management
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Suite
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
- Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments, bank partners and state regulators
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.