Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you have experience working in regulatory compliance and want to help enhance and build compliance processes at a FinTech company?
Avant is looking for a new Compliance Officer to join the Compliance Services team within the 20-person Compliance Department in Chicago. You will be primarily responsible for conducting second line regulatory compliance monitoring and testing, supporting regulatory risk assessments, and overseeing administration and upkeep of company compliance training. This role may also entail support of other compliance functions including compliance reporting and utilization of governance, risk assessment, and compliance (“GRC”) software.
In this role, you are expected to maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations including but not limited to TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN, Fair Lending, as well as BSA and other AML related regulations. You will work with multiple business units to analyze regulatory requirements, calibrate business functions using a risk-based approach, to ultimately ensure proper adherence to applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
Please Note: This is a remote eligible position based out of Chicago, IL.
What you do at Avant:
- Perform targeted regulatory testing to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Review controls established by business owners for effectiveness
- Participate in team initiatives to enhance second line compliance oversight
- Partner with business units to effectively address risk identified through compliance audits
- Collaborate with various business units to enhance the existing regulatory risk assessment framework, identify controls and gaps in business rules and processes, and assemble findings in reports to senior management and bank partners
- Support the cataloging of risks and controls through the development and use of LogicGate GRC solution
- Prepare formal reporting to senior management and the Compliance Committee
- Support administration of training to new and existing employees
- Update training in response to federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer lending and optimize content for current business practices
What you might own at Avant:
- On a regular cadence, ability to work independently on internal regulatory audits, related transactional testing, and specific responsibilities regarding training and regulatory risk assessment process
- Additional regulatory side projects as necessary
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS required; JD/CRCM optional
- 4-5 years of financial services regulatory compliance experience, preferably while utilizing a GRC system
- Strong background in federal and state consumer finance laws
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate high-level writing proficiency and deliver detailed reports to management
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Suite
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations
- Ability to manage and execute on complex projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Project management experience and ability to both administer and receive assignments to accomplish team and department initiatives
- Self-confidence, good judgment, and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance
- Willingness to take on additional projects and duties as needed
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.