Consultant - Tax
CSC Corptax® is a B2B technology company, transforming the business of corporate tax through innovative software solutions and business process expertise. We offer an excellent benefits package along with good work-life balance in a fun and collaborative environment. This integral role is based in the Chicago area.
The fast-paced Corptax Professional Services team is expanding, and we are looking for a Consultant to join our team. The Consultant will help in providing implementation and best practice consulting services around the entire suite of our Corptax products to our customers. This new team member will be responsible for working with Lead Engagement Managers on understanding customer business needs and providing and implementing the most appropriate solutions to address those needs. This individual will also be developing and completing engagement work plan tasks, ensuring that customer’s needs are being addressed, and performing other tasks as assigned by the Lead Engagement Manager to ensure the success of the project and delegating work as appropriate to consultants.
The primarily responsible for fulfilling the tasks associated with specific Corptax product implementations and looking at ways of streamlining product implementations. The focus of the implementations will be around the Corptax provision and compliance product lines along with providing assistance with other Corptax product offerings.
Specific tasks include:
- Performing assigned basic implementation functions associated with an engagement (and mentor consultants in doing the same)
- Understanding and documenting customer business requirements
- Data gathering, manipulation and analysis
- Keeping and publishing meeting notes and ensuring customer business needs are being met
- Performing assigned Corptax Setup tasks (and mentor consultants in doing the same): profiles, report folders, data mapping, database population
- Executing assigned project tasks in an efficient and effective manner
- Providing the Lead Engagement Manager (LEM) with support on project management tasks as directed and appropriate
- Communicating with LEM regarding time allotted for assigned tasks to ensure efficient completion (i.e. on time and on budget)
- Reviewing each engagement and identify means of streamlining project implementations, standardizing engagements, and ensuring appropriate resources are being applied to each engagement
- Creating process documentation for each engagement and suggest/implement process changes as appropriate in order to meet the client’s needs
- Bachelor Degree in an accounting, business, or computer science field (tax experience or masters in tax is a plus)
- Minimum of 2-5 years of work experience preferably in an accounting or tax function
- Corptax or other tax software experience
- Software Programming experience a plus (C#, .NET, etc…)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Successful customer facing experience working on multiple projects
- Strong project management skills as demonstrated by education and/or work experience
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement projects
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office solutions, and ideally with financial system applications (e.g. Oracle, PeopleSoft, JDE, Quickbooks, SAP, etc.)
- Strong emphasis on the ability to listen to customer requirements and understanding their business issues
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude with learning and implementing software solutions (accounting, tax, ERP, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment with minimum level of supervision
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CHICAGO AREA AND REQUIRES 30%-50% TRAVEL
CSC is the world’s leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
At CSC®, we’re always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 120 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
• CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace every year since 2006.
• We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
• Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus or commission plans based on role and individual performance as well as a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
• CSC offers excellent benefits, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
• Our global standard for our work environments supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points with wireless access throughout the campus. It’s an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.