Consulting Analyst, Financial Services at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is currently seeking a Experienced Consultant with Commercial Lending and Consulting expertise in the Financial Services industry to join our New York Practice. As many banks who have survived the worst of the financial crisis look to position themselves for growth and prosperity in a new banking landscape, there are many exciting opportunities to work with new and existing Clients on strategy, transformation, and delivery engagements. With consolidation, regulation, technology advances and significant market-level change, this role is well positioned for engagements spanning business, technology, and management consulting services. The role will involve applying personal and corporate knowledge and experience to tailor solutions and build partnerships helping our Clients gain competitive advantage in their markets. You will help business and technology executives solve key problems within the financial services industry, mentor junior consultants, while building the practice and your career at one of the best places to work.
Lending Skills and Experience:
- Industry experience in one or more of the following segments: Commercial Lending / Leasing, Small Business Administration (SBA) Lending, Equipment Finance, Alternative Business Lending, Consumer Lending / Leasing, Mortgage / Home Equity, Commercial Banking
- Solutions experience in one or more of the following Commercial Lending areas: Business Process Optimization, Credit & Portfolio Analytics, Commercial Loan Product, Commercial Lending Sales Process, Loan / Lease Origination Systems, Loan Servicing, Risk Management
- Experience with one or more of the following Competencies: Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Business Architecture, Business Process Mapping, Business Requirements Development / Gap Analysis, Business Strategy Development and Execution, Change Management, Digitization / Imaging, Program / Project Management (PMO), Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Experience, System Implementation / Integration, Testing, Training, Use Case Methodology (Waterfall, Agile), Vendor Analysis / Selection
- Experience with industry-leading Core Loan Accounting Systems including Fidelity, Fiserv, and/or Jack Henry desired
- Experience with industry-leading Commercial Loan Origination Systems (LOS’) including nCino, Capitalstream, CreditQuest, WebEquity, and/or Sageworks desired
- Experience with industry-leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Oracle, etc. desired
- Experience in one or more of the following roles involved in the lifecycle stages of a commercial line/loan:
- Relationship Manager / Loan Officer – Sales, Qualification, and Structuring
- Credit Analyst / Underwriter – Underwriting, Due Diligence
- Credit Officer – Credit Review, Approval
- Loan Closer – Loan Documentation, Closing, Boarding
- Portfolio Manager / Servicer – Portfolio Management
- Risk Manager – Credit Risk / Capital Management
- Commercial credit qualification or commercial credit training desired
- Experience working to support a Financial Services Firm going through a transformational change initiative, including Mergers and Acquisitions, Core Conversions, and/or Ancillary System Implementations and Integrations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 2+ combined years of Financial Services industry and professional services consulting experience including Client delivery
- Commercial Lending experience within the Financial Services industry is required
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience managing / leading the work of others desired
- Experience estimating project work effort, cost, and identifying and mitigating project risks desired
- Experience effectively leading organizations or teams through change desired
- Recent experience or proficiency with financial services industry projects desired
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with Client representatives at all levels
- Candidates must be eligible to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.