Controller at Redstone
Redstone is one of the fastest growing fintech startups in the country focused on streamlining creation of esoteric alternative asset classes. The fintech disruptor dismantled the MBS ecosystem, streamlining it with a digital platform that employs AI and machine learning tools to eliminate unnecessary steps and redundant time-wasting approval processes. Redstone's growing MBS partner network includes institutional and retail investors, forward flow partners, brokerages and mortgage lenders.
In pursuit of that mission, Redstone is hiring an experienced Controller for its Finance team. The Controller will be reporting to the CFO, overseeing all aspects of accounting and internal controls. This includes accountability for accounting operations of the company, production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, oversee a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
What you’ll do at Redstone:
- Own the monthly & quarter-end close process end-to-end for key spends, flagging any potential issues/risks through timely variance analysis
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Direct preparation of budgets
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports
- Coordinate with external auditors the quarterly and annual review of company’s accounts
- Review accounting procedures and implement best practices, increasing efficiency and timeliness
- Grow and develop the accounting team
- On occasion prepare formal presentation materials for senior management and Board of Directors
- Assist with a variety of special projects as needed
What you might own at Redstone:
- Projects like segmentation of P&L based on product category
- Presentations to the Chief Financial Officer
- Monitoring of adherence to strategies
- Periodic reporting on expense trends, among others
Why you are a fit at Redstone:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years’ related corporate accounting experience
- Experience in a technology, professional services or software related company preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role, building and running a highly proficient accounting team
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting, financial statements, payroll, and taxes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products as well as finance and accounting software applications
We believe talent and drive are worth more than words on a resume, ideas and execution are more important than titles and everyone is an owner. We collaborate with highly-motivated, intelligent people to stay true to our motto - Redstoners are doers.
At Redstone, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.