Optiver is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Controller with a proven-track record of managing the successful and timely delivery of close packages, financial reports, and regulatory filings. As a Controller, you’ll manage the day-to-day operations of our finance function and a team of talented accounting and finance professionals. You’ll collaborate with various teams across the business and play a key role in developing processes and controls for efficiency, accuracy, and completeness of financial information reported to management and external parties.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the month-end close, ensuring accounting records are complete, accurate, and supported
- Manage financial reporting in GAAP and IFRS, external quarterly reviews, and year-end external audits
- Work with the Head of Finance to oversee all financial and regulatory accounting activities
- Manage regulatory capital computations, reporting, and support regulatory audits
- Effectively lead, support, and develop direct reports, support other teams
- Collaborate with other departments in strategic initiatives
- Research and provide guidance on complex regulatory and accounting topics
- Manage and assist in driving continuous improvement in internal controls
- Manage the operations side of Finance, including accounts payable
- Interact with various teams, including Middle Office, Risk, Compliance to propose and execute improvements in information flow and project management between departments
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset across all Finance operational activities and collaborate with other members of Finance to find on-going opportunities to support and add value to the business
- Manage special projects
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- At least 10 years of experience in a position that has managed the close and year-end audits
- Experience with GAAP and IFRS reporting, as well as finra/SEC and FCA filings
- Industry experience required
- Experience managing a team, projects, and processes
- Strong track record of identifying and implementing process improvement
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, individual able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- CPA certification preferred
- Series 27 is a plus
- Must be highly proficient in Excel
- Netsuite experience is a plus
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.