SpotHero is looking for a Controller to join its growing team! The Controller will be a key member of the finance leadership team and a true business partner to the organization by being highly collaborative and hands-on and interacting with all departments and the Executive team. The Controller will oversee all aspects of the Accounting function including month-end close, financial reporting, the annual and interim audits, and all A/P, A/R, payroll, and tax functions. A successful candidate will have a strong background in GAAP accounting, be a proven leader who is comfortable driving improvements in processes, developing team members to their full potential and building a data driven organization.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
- Build and lead a strong accounting team by developing a staff of 3 Accountants including evaluating workloads and organizing responsibilities to align with business needs and individuals’ interests, areas of expertise, and growth.
- Oversee month-end and annual close process, continuously seeking to increase efficiency and shorten month-end close cycle.
- Prepare and analyze consolidated financial statements ensuring accuracy and completeness in compliance with GAAP.
- Partner with FP&A team to identify and resolve variances, provide analysis of financial results and input for forecasting and modeling purposes.
- Oversee all key accounting operations and compliance functions including payroll, treasury and payments processing, income, sales and payroll tax returns.
- Lead annual and interim external audit process.
- Evaluate new and existing accounting tools and act as an administrator in NetSuite, Concur, and ADP. Develop a new system to increase efficiency in revenue recognition.
- Maintain accounting for equity, capitalized software, and deferred revenue.
- Contribute to the broader organization by being a true business partner in support of our business growth.
Who you are:
- Critical Thinker. This individual must be intellectually sharp and use critical thinking to make or influence decisions while demonstrating outstanding business judgement. The Controller will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Results Oriented. The new Controller must be performance-driven and able to provide measurable results. The successful candidate will be resourceful, action-oriented, as well as flexible and decisive. He/she will provide clear direction and establish achievable goals.
- Communicative. This individual should possess very strong communication and listening skills.
- Strategically Agile. This individual must be capable of thinking on his/her feet while demonstrating outstanding business judgment. The Controller will possess the analytical skills to improve overall productivity and elevate the company’s efforts as a point of differentiation in the marketplace. Today’s vision may change drastically in the future. This person must not only embrace change, but be entrepreneurial in nature, creating and altering this road map along the way.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 8+ years experience in an in-house accounting team including demonstrated ability to build and lead a high performing teams.
- Deep experience with interpreting and applying GAAP to business transactions, including knowledge of ASC 606.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and BI tools such as Looker, Tableau or Domo.
- Administrator level experience in NetSuite.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Flexible WFH arrangements - We know these are uncertain times and our employees’ health & safety is number one. Employees will be able to work in a remote capacity through 2020. We will continue to evaluate this fluid situation and adjust our plans as necessary.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A company that cares about its employees’ unique backgrounds. From Employee Resource Groups to Unconscious Bias Trainings, we want each and every employee to feel like SpotHero is a place where they can bring their whole selves to work.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- A workplace recognized as a Best Place to Work by Built In Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, and one of TIMES’s 50 Genius Companies.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.