Controller at Bringg
Who we are:
Bringg's vision is to connect people and brands through innovative delivery and fulfillment that is accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We do this with our innovative cloud platform that connects, automates and orchestrates supply chain technology, people and providers.
We believe that retailers and logistics providers facing today’s new digital reality, need to differentiate and scale their services to gain market share. Using data-led analytics and machine learning technology, we rapidly enable new fulfillment and delivery models that maximize customer experience, optimize operations and scale up the business.
Bringgsters are passionate about solving complex problems at a high-scale, they are smart, innovative, creative, and push the product forward and make a real impact in the industry.
As a Controller, you will:
The US Controller is an integral member of Bringg’s accounting team. The ideal candidate has proven performance in scaling processes and has worked in a high growth environment. This position is a founding member of the US Accounting and Finance team and will report directly to the Director of finance.
- Responsible for oversight of monthly accounting entries, month-end and year-end close procedures and balance sheet reconciliations for Bringg’s US subsidiary
- Responsible for revenue recognition, including preparing monthly revenue recognition journal entries, monthly revenue analytics and deferred revenue account reconciliations.
- Responsible for building and maintaining revenue controls and revenue recognition policy which complies with US GAAP
- Review and analyze new deals, responsible for the Deal Desk
- Recruit and manage the US bookkeeping team
- Collaborate cross-functionally with legal, sales, and sales operations to guide on technical accounting, policy, or process issues around revenue recognition.
- Verify accuracy of commissions accounting treatment
- Review and monitor costs inherent to the business.
- Manage other finance-related activities, including AP/AR, billing and collections.
- Schedule expenditures, analyze variances, and identify corrective actions when necessary.
- Responsible for Bringg’s state and federal tax filing as well as compliance/tax reporting
- Collaborate with Director of finance to facilitate invoice approvals and payments.
- Prepare financial reports for creditors, regulatory agencies, tax authorities, and others.
- Assist with the preparation of audit schedules and provide timely responses to auditor requests
- Oversight and approval of payroll for the US subsidiary
- Act as Bringg’s Finance Business Partner for the US entity.
- Responsible for the growth (hiring and management) of the US Accounting team.
- Assist with the implementation of new finance related tools
What you’ll bring:
- public (Big 4) accounting experience
- experience in a small to medium sized Software/SaaS company
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an accounting senior or leader.
- Proficient with software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including the use of VLookup, Pivot Tables, and other Excel functions as well as ambition to learn internal systems.
- Experience with NetSuite - preferred.
- In depth revenue recognition knowledge, experience with ASC 606. Experience and proficiency in US GAAP.
- Ability to work with limited supervision; highly self-motivated with the ability to produce creative solutions.