Who We Are
Geneva Energy Markets (GEM) is a privately-funded trading company, taking principal positions as a market maker in the energy markets. With an office located in New York, London, and Chicago, GEM operates as a single global team, covering all critical market times.
How You Can Make an Impact
We are seeking a Controller who is hands-on, self-motivated, and proactive, to join our team based in Chicago or New York. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience managing the day-to-day functions of an accounting department. If you’re interested in this opportunity, we encourage you to send us a cover letter and updated resume. Please answer “Why you believe you’re a right fit for GEM?” in your cover letter.
- Act as liaison with external accounting firms to provide support for federal and local tax filings and annual audit
- Maintain general ledger
- Oversee payables processing
- Assist in compliance with financial regulatory reporting
- Manage treasury function, including oversight of banking relationships
- Implement new accounting system
- Create and manage monthly financial reporting system
- Perform the month-end close process
What You'll Need
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Experience with accounting systems, specifically QuickBooks
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong organizational, analytical and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in an independent framework within a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written
- A high level of confidentiality is imperative
Candidate must be authorized to work in the USA. GEM does not sponsor work-related visas.